DOGFENNAU SY’N MYND GYDA’R MESUR
Caiff Nodiadau Esboniadol a Memorandwm Esboniadol eu hargraffu ar wahân.
Bil (Drafft) Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru (Ieithoedd Swyddogol) 201-
[AR GYFER YMGYNGHORI]
Bil i wneud darpariaeth ynglŷn â’r defnydd o’r Gymraeg a’r Saesneg yn nhrafodion Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru ac wrth i Gomisiwn y Cynulliad gyflawni ei swyddogaethau.
1 Diwygio adran 35 o’r Ddeddf (Trin yn gyfartal)
(1) Diwygier adran 35 o Ddeddf Llywodraeth Cymru 2006 (p.32) (“y Ddeddf”) fel a ganlyn.
(2) Yn lle is-adran (1), rhodder—
“(1) The official languages of the National Assembly are English and Welsh.
(1A) The official languages must, in the conduct of National Assembly proceedings, be treated on a basis of equality.
(1B) Either official language may be used by any person when participating in National Assembly proceedings.
(1C) Paragraph 8 of Schedule 2 makes provision about how the Assembly Commission must enable effect to be given to subsections (1), (1A) and (1B).”
2 Diwygio Atodlen 2 i’r Ddeddf (Comisiwn y Cynulliad)
(1) Diwygier paragraff 8 o Atodlen 2 i’r Ddeddf (Egwyddorion y mae swyddogaethau i’w harfer yn unol â hwy) fel a ganlyn.
(2) Yn lle is-baragraff (3), rhodder—
“(3) The Assembly Commission must, in the exercise of its functions—
(a) treat the official languages of the National Assembly on a basis of equality; and,
(b) make arrangements for enabling effect to be given to section 35(1), (1A) and (1B).
(4) The Assembly Commission must—
(a) adopt, and
a scheme, to be known as the Assembly Commission’s Bilingual Services Scheme (“the Scheme”), specifying the measures which it proposes to take in order to comply with its duties under sub-paragraph (3).
(5) The Scheme must include (amongst other things) provision relating to—
(a) simultaneous interpretation from one official language into the other; and,
(b) publication of documents in both official languages.
(6) Nothing in section 35(1) or in sub-paragraphs (3) or (5) of this paragraph is to be interpreted as requiring all words spoken or written in one of the official languages to be interpreted or translated into the other.
(7) The Assembly Commission—
(a) must, at least once every four years, review the Scheme
(b) may, at any time, adopt a new Scheme or an amendment to the existing Scheme.
(8) The Assembly Commission may not adopt a Scheme, or an amendment to a Scheme, unless (whether before or after the coming into force of this paragraph)—
(a) a draft of the Scheme (or of the amendment) has been—
(i) published, and
(ii) laid before the National Assembly,
(b) the Assembly Commission has considered any representations made about the draft Scheme (or draft amendment) by—
(i) members of the public, and
(ii) the National Assembly, and
(c) the Scheme (or the amendment) incorporating such modifications as the Assembly Commission may, having considered such representations, make, has been laid before and approved by resolution of, the National Assembly.
(9) The Assembly Commission must give effect to the Scheme.”
3 Enw byr a chychwyn
O ran y Ddeddf hon —
(a) gellir cyfeirio ati fel Deddf Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru (Ieithoedd Swyddogol) 201-, a
(b) daw i rym y diwrnod ar ôl iddi gael Cydsyniad Brenhinol.